For years 9, 10, 11 and 12, our enterprise education program engages your ‘emerging adults’ into a virtual world of business for a week. They can taste a real world adult experience and learn vital business, workplace and life skills at the same time. An entire year, or a single class can undertake our program.
Participants form teams of 4-10 and assume management roles to run a virtual company, making important business decisions as they compete against other participating teams. The program usually replaces the regular curriculum for a week, but can be extended if required, allowing students to immerse themselves in the experience for maximum learning potential. It’s also great fun!
Simulations available include:
Take over and run a facility that manufactures sporting goods.
Implement an IT solution that improves performance.
Take over and run a full-service hotel and increase revenue.
Run an owner-operated consumer electronics store.
Run a small café in a very competitive marketplace.
A minimum of 40 students is suggested however, when 60 or more participate, it generates a larger number of companies and increases the competitive spirit.
- Step into a role in general management, operations, marketing or finance
- Compete against other teams
- Make environmental decisions
- Complete case studies
- Write a company report
- Create a product, process or service
- Give an oral presentation
- Produce a video commercial
- Mount a trade display
Skills & learning
- Business concepts – supply and demand, profit and loss
- Work as part of a co-operative team
- Problem solving
- Apply mathematical ideas to real life situations
- Learn about the monetary system
- Improve communication skills
- Explore future career interests
- Prepare for adult life in the community