Our program for years 7 and 8 is an intensive, usually one week learning experience that gives students the opportunity to learn about business and themselves. They’ll get a glimpse of life as an adult and the world of business as they form teams to operate a virtual business and compete against others.
For a week-long experiential learning program, students form teams of 4-10 and assume a position of responsibility within their virtual sandwich shop or café business, operating it via a computer simulation and competing against other student teams. It’s a fascinating and fun experience for this age group, making learning easy and improving confidence as students become more familiar with a range of important concepts and skills they’ll need as an adult.
A minimum of 40 students is suggested however, when 60 or more participate, it generates a larger number of companies and increases competitive spirit.
- Start an enterprise
- Step into a role in general management, operations, marketing or finance
- Compete against other teams
- Make business decisions
- Create a product, process or service
- Hold a market day
- Write a company report
- Give an oral presentation
- Create a video commercial
- Develop a CV listing skills and capabilities
Skills & learning
- Business concepts – supply and demand, profit and loss
- Work as part of a co-operative team
- Problem solving
- Apply mathematical ideas to real life situations
- Learn about the monetary system
- Improve communication skills
- Explore future career interests
- Prepare for adult life in the community